El Centro values alumni involvement. Your knowledge and expertise are tremendous assets that can benefit the university. Every alum who participates strengthens the Chicanx/Latinx community at Stanford.
Visit El Centro, meet staff, students and fellow alumni and get updates about the Chicanx/Latinx community on campus:
- Talk by El Centro Chicano y Latino's Hall of Fame Inductee, Friday, October 12:00
- El Centro Chicano y Latino Open House, Friday, October 26, 1:30-3:30pm
- Multicultural Reception/Hall of Fame Inductions, Friday, October 26, 4:30-6:00pm
- Latino Alumni Reunion, Friday, October 26, 5:30pm to 7:30pm
- Chicano/Latino and Native Tailgate, Saturday, October 27
Friday, March 22 and Saturday, March 23, 2019
The Stanford Latino Alumni Association (SLAA) has kicked off the planning for the first-ever Stanford Latino Alumni Summit, planned by alums for alums. This exciting event will be held March 22-23, 2019 on the Stanford campus. You’ll hear from university administration, faculty, and classmates via group discussions, panels and networking sessions. Please mark your calendar!
This milestone event aims to strengthen and empower the Stanford Latino community, celebrate our culture and accomplishments, and develop a meaningful connection between Stanford’s Latino alums and the university.
Want to be involved? Check out the Latino Alumni Summit page for more information on how to volunteer.
We also encourage you to check out our event calendar and join the many alumni across the country who are volunteering their talents and building experiences that are meaningful, rewarding and fun! Lots of alumni have helped with El Centro’s events:
- Freshmen move-in day at Casa Zapata
- Welcome students and parents at New Student Orientation
- Greet students at Festival Latino and the Graduate Student Welcome
- Serve BBQ to over 200 students at the Community Picnic
- Call newly admitted Chicanx/Latinx students through the admissions office
- Mentor our undergraduates, graduates, and recent alumni during our annual Student and Alumni Professional Networking Dinner
There are plenty of opportunities for you to reconnect with El Centro and the Chicanx/Latinx community at Stanford. The following is a list of select events you may be interested in:
- Dia De Los Muertos 2010 (late October or early November)
- Miguel Martinez Alumni Tailgaters (All Stanford Football home games)
- Annual Student/Alumni Symposium (February)
- Cesar Chavez Commemoration (early March)
- Raza Day (April. For more information contact MEChA leaders)
- Community Awards Banquet (May)
- Nuestra Graduacion, Chicanx/Latinx Graduation (mid June)
Look for El Centro on Facebook!